Corporate Finance Senior/Manager
- Support the Corporate Finance team on all assignments and advise clients on strategic, funding and transactional issues.
- Manage a portfolio of corporate assignments up to Director review including business acquisitions, disposals and investments and business valuations.
Leading independent South Wales accountancy practice with multiple offices and a growing team.
The Main Responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing a portfolio of assignments up to Director review
- Managing a variety of corporate finance assignments including;
- Business acquisitions, disposals and investments
- Business valuations
- Business planning and financial projections
- Due diligence reporting
- Reviewing work carried out by other team members
- Attending client meetings to fact find, discuss the issues and agree strategies for assignments
- Reviewing and, if required, preparing business plans and integrated financial projections using specialist Sage software and Excel as appropriate to client requirements
- Meeting clients to ensure business plans, financial forecasts and other documents prepared properly reflect the clients understanding of their business and proposed project and obtain client ownership of the business plan
- An awareness of funding structures and commercial requirements to handle assignments efficiently
- Communicating workloads and priorities with team
- Meeting targets agreed for input to WIP and recoveries.
- Reporting to the Director in relation to team performance against targets for discussion with the director and feeding back to the team as required.
- Reviewing and developing departmental compliance processes to include standard letters covering proposals, terms of reference, risk management & advice on technical matters
- Supporting the Compliance Director in relation to overall Designated Professional Body and ICAEW compliance requirements in relation to Corporate Finance related issues
- Formulating template documents, such as business plan format
- Preparing proposals and tender documents for new work including negotiating with clients
- Actively raising the profile of the team and the company and seeking to expand activities through networking and marketing events, an awareness of the wider range of services the firm offers and suggests innovative products to address the clients' needs
- Supporting the Director in managing and developing the role with the MHA network and the Corporate Finance sub-group as required
The successful candidate should:
- Have a Professional Qualification (ACCA/ACA)
- Have ideally 2 years post qualified experience.
- Ideally have experience working in corporate finance, but if this is not the case experience working face to face with a range of different clients in an audit environment is essential.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office
- Experience of using Sage Forecasting software
- Experience of working in a professional organisation or commercial environment
- Experience of dealing with customers or clients
- Excellent numerical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail & accuracy
- The ability to manage own workload and prioritise to meet deadlines
- Hold a full & clean driving license with daily access to a car
- Able to act on own initiative
- Able to work on own and as part of a team
- Able to deal with people regardless of their position
- Flexible approach, and ability to change in line with business needs
- Problem solver with investigative nature
- Act with integrity and respect confidential information
The full time position offers a number of different benefits including:
- Competitive salary determined on experience
- Income protection plan
- Cash back health care plan (with private health care at manager level)
- 4% employer pension contribution (2% employee).
- Social events such dress down days, contribution to social events
- Subscription to benefits box giving a number of discounts including phone insurance and at a number of restaurants.