A Central London based PR & Communications company are looking to take on an Accounts Payable to join their growing team. The role provides the opportunity to build upon the right candidates accountancy experience within a creative industry.
Creative communications agency providing marketing and PR services to arts, entertainment & creative industries. The office is located in an ideal Central London location.
Day to day duties.
- Managing the AP inbox: responding to customer and staff enquiries, printing invoices, reconciliation of statements.
- Processing of purchase ledger invoices, matching invoices to purchase orders, scanning processed invoices.
- Compiling suggestions and making recommendations for weekly payment runs.
- Maintaining record of agreed and upcoming payments.
- Reconciling and compiling various reports: e.g. monthly company wide reports on franking costs, printing costs, and taxi costs.
- Ordering, dispensing, and reconciling petty cash floats and petty cash disbursements in multiple currencies as required.
- Processing expense claims.
- General office admin work as required.
- Familiarity with the basics of the accounts payable process and function within the context of a finance department and the business as a whole.
- Numerate, able to explain basis of calculated figures.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy with data entry.
- Understanding of basic UK VAT rules.
- Understanding about the coding of invoices and ramifications thereof.
- Capable of dealing with customers and colleagues in a polite and professional manner.
- Basic Excel skills.
- Familiarity with accounts software and concepts therein.
Basic grammar and literacy.
- Flexibility and commitment to the team as a whole, able to work to deadlines.
- A desire to contribute towards a small but integral team within Premier.
- Intermediate or better Excel skills: vlookups, sumifs, pivot tables.
- A focus on and belief in attention to detail, diligence, patience.
- Familiarity with Sage, especially Sage200.
- An understanding or interest in accountancy on a wider scale.
Looking to pay between £24,000 to £26,000 dependent on experience with a comprehensive benefits package with an option of study support.