A Financial Accountant is required for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract with British Transport Police (BTP) based in Camden, Central London.
BTP is the national police Force for Britain's rail network. Every day they ensure the safety and security of over six million passengers and railway staff throughout England, Scotland and Wales. As Financial Accountant with BTP you will be responsible for managing the preparation of the financial statement, quarterly accounts and ad hoc reporting, including leading on the annual review of accounting policies.
Reporting to the Senior Financial Accountant, you will:
- Manage the preparation of the financial statement, quarterly accounts and ad hoc reporting, including leading on the annual review of accounting policies
- Maintain sound systems of internal control
- Liaise with internal and external audit, providing support to the Audit and Risk Committee including drafting clear and concise reports, implementing audit recommendations arising from Internal Audit work
- Provide technical accounting advice within the finance team and to business areas as required
- Support the development and implementation of financial systems processes and control improvements
- Support the delivery of taxation services on behalf of the organisation
- Support the development of improvements to financial processes and controls
You will have frequent interaction with the Finance Director, Heads of Service, Director of Capability and Resources, Chief Officers, Area Commanders, Service Managers, Budget holders and HR, as well as external organisations including HMRC, auditors and the Department for Transport.
- Fully-qualified member of one of the five Consultative Committees of Accounting Bodies (CCAB), i.e. ACCA, CIPFA, ICAEW, ICAI or ICAS or a European/International equivalent
- 2+ years of post-qualification experience
- Significant experience of financial reporting to UK GAAP standards
- Track record of building strong relationships with a broad range of internal and external organisations, partners and stakeholders
- Salary up to £48,626.61 (inclusive of allowances)
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Final salary pension (10% employee contribution, 15% employer contribution)
- Various salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work) and retail discounts
- Flexibility to work from home
Financial Accountant - British Transport Police - Camden, North London