- Finance Manager/ Financial Controller role within a market leading manufacturing/retail business in South West London
- With exceptional growth to date, the business is expecting double digit growth next year. It's certainly an exciting time to join the company
The leading player within their industry, my client is a dynamic, fast paced business who've experienced a great deal of growth across the past years. They are ambitious and have a clear plan to continue this growth over the coming years
- Responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of financial reporting for the businesses and for ensuring robust processes and internal controls are in place.
- Develop strong working relationships across the business to ensure that there is a comprehensive understanding of the wider business; and its processes, and appreciation of the impact on the financial processes and systems.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts, including managing the consolidation of the results of the group subsidiaries.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet control account reconciliations to ensure that the accounting records are properly reconciled and that all aged items are resolved in a timely manner.
- Liaise with external auditors and tax advisers to ensure a clean audit report and no issues with tax reporting. Managing the audit process; ensure comprehensive audit working papers file compiled to support process.
- Manage treasury and banking arrangements; oversight of bank reconciliations and cash flow management ( ensuring cash collection targets are met)
- Act as finance lead for half year and annual stock takes; ensure reconciliation of stock records to the accounting records.
- Supporting the process to ensure ensure full compliance with all UK tax regulations (Corporation tax, VAT, PAYE etc).
- Support the implementation of process improvements; ensuring effectiveness and efficiency
- Inventory - Reconciliation and Reporting - Review what is produced , circulated and how excess stock is managed in the business with an action plan together with the Operations /Sales team
- Oversee all transaction team reporting aspects such as aged debtors and aged creditors reports and account reconciliations.
- Line management responsibility for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and payroll teams
- Work in collaboration with CFO, FP&A Manager and Head of Operations in making recommendations to all key process within the finance and operations teams.
- Part of the lead team responsible for the necessary ERP changes for the business
- Finance Manager role
- A degree/equivalent level qualification and a relevant professional accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA).
- Excellent numerical and analytic skills with the ability to interpret data
- IT literate, with Excel being a prerequisite
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Flexibility to work to tight timescales
- A desire for continuous improvement
- Passionate and enthusiastic team player
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team
- Ideally previous experience as a Finance Manager
A brilliant company to work for, no two days will be the same at this business.
If you're looking for an environment where you can truly make a change to the business look no further. The role will be varied, challenging and exciting.