In this busy and varied role, the accounts assistant will be responsible for all aspects of the sales and purchase ledger, posting invoices to Sage 50 and 200, coding invoices to the general ledger, reconciling supplier statements and much more. Working in a friendly accounts team of 4 others, you will get exposure to management accounts and be able to progress up the corporate ladder.
This client, based in Finchley, are the market leader for what they do. Having been established 17 years they have done well enough to collaborate with world leading partners and expand to three different countries.
In this role you work closely alongside the finance team. The main duties for the accounts assistant are not limited to:
- Daily processing of purchase invoices, matching them to purchase orders and coding them to ledgers in multi-currency
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Dealing with supplier queries
- Raising sales invoices in a timely and accurate manner
- Preparation of the weekly payment run
- Weekly credit control, maintaining debtor balances within company policy
- Investigating unallocated direct debit payments
- Any ad hoc duties as required from the Finance Manager
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 1 years experience in an accounts department
Excellent knowledge of Sage Line 50 & 200 accounts (would be an advantage but not compulsory as training will be provided)
A good knowledge of the purchase ledger & sales ledger function
Excellent knowledge of MS Office products
- And be a strong team player
This retail brand will offer the right accounts assistant progression, 25 days holiday, a gym membership, medical healthcare, free fruit in the office and much more.