Broker Compensation Analyst
Main purpose of the role:
To fully support the Compensation Accounting Manager to cover all aspects of Broker Compensation Accounting primarily for the EMEA operations of the Group.
The successful candidate shall make an important contribution to the continued development of the Compensation Accounting team whilst constantly raising the bar in terms of quality and control.
- Reconciling relevant data for bonus calculations, calculating monthly, quarterly and semi-annual Broker bonuses, processing bonuses through in-house Broker Compensation Tool
- Work closely with Senior Broker Compensation Accountant to ensure all Broker Compensation Accounting matters are closed out on a timely basis
- To ensure the integrity of Comp related P&L and Balance Sheet on a timely basis across the EMEA operations of the Group through monthly analytical review and reconciliations
- Calculating and posting monthly bonus accruals
- Reviewing and adjusting accruals to be in line with forecasted desk pay out
- Liaising with business managers on a regular basis to ensure Broker Compensations deals are clearly understood and to manage any queries to and from Brokers
- Work closely with HR/US Partnership to ensure all relevant information is processed and to ensure no delays or inaccurate broker payouts.
- Support development of Broker Compensation Tool as required.
- Assist in preparation of timely management information including desk and broker performance reports.
- Ensure related FX exposure is managed, controlled and reported on a timely basis
- Work closely with counterparts in US/Asia on relevant matters and share best practice
- Assist auditors through timely response to queries
- Ensure integrity of confidential name detail information
- Being proactive and always keen to champion change by identifying and implementing improvements in the Broker Compensation processes
- Support Compensation Accounting Manager on ad-hoc issues
- Be alert to Conduct Risk issues, specifically the risk of harm to client interests, market integrity and/or competition in financial markets due to inappropriate practices or behaviours across the firm
Skills / experience required:
- A control mentality coupled with excellent accounting, analytical and reporting skills
- The candidate should have a strong academic background (preferably working towards a accountancy qualification). Previous experience gained within the UK financial services industry and/or Compensation Accounting would be advantageous
- Ability to meet deadlines, organise and prioritise
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders throughout the Group with view to developing and maintaining strong relationships
- Possess a pro-active attitude with an ability to take responsibility
- Strong attention to detail
- Supervisory skills would be advantageous
- Strong MS Excel skills (including vlookups, pivot tables, sumifs and charts).
- Prior experience with Essbase and Oracle General Ledger preferable.
- Other Microsoft Office applications