Asia Regional Tax Advisor for Custody and Fund Services, Vice President-Hong Kong
Role and Responsibilities
- Act as the Corporate Tax lead to oversee all tax matters relating to the Corporate and Investment Bank's Custody and Fund Services businesses in the Asia Pacific region, including Global Custody and related security services businesses such as Securities Lending, Collateral Management, Fund Accounting and Depository Receipts.
- Partner with key business and functional support stakeholders, and ensure effective interaction and communications at all levels.
- Provide tax advisory services in a commercial setting with key focus on controls and business risk management.
Role and Responsibilities
- Act as the primary contact and strategic partner to the Custody and Fund Services businesses with key focus on controls and business risk management.
- Provide regional tax advisory services and oversight of tax matters, oversee operational tax risk and execute priority / deliverables. This will involve product, transaction and investor tax profile advisory, review of new business initiatives, tax risk and control management, technical tax updates and general tax planning matters.
- Partner closely with Corporate Tax team colleagues, the line of business front office and operational teams, functional support stakeholders located both within and outside Asia and external advisors to deliver technical and commercial tax advice.
- Advice on development and management of effective controls for new products / business initiatives and work with responsible stakeholders to review and maintain oversight over existing products / platform.
- Support firm-wide and team specific initiatives as well as other ad hoc projects impacting the line of business.
- Pursue constant and effective communication with all stakeholders.
- Report to a senior member of the regional Corporate Tax management team.
- Experienced tax professional with proven business acumen and the maturity to interact with senior management and line of business personnel.
- Applicants must have at least 10 years of professional tax experience in a tax advisory role. Experience within the financial services industry is preferred, particularly in the custodian bank sector.
- Knowledge of financial market products, broad Asia tax experience and knowledge of US tax principles would be highly beneficial.
- Ability to critically analyze business operations and transactions from a tax perspective with an appreciation of the wider business perspectives (e.g., legal, compliance, reputation, operational, practical).
- Strong communication (both written and verbal), partnership and leadership skills, attention to detail and positive / proactive attitude.