Part Time Finance Analyst
Leading organisation within transport and rail! This presents a great opportunity for an experienced part time finance analyst to join their team.
Leading organisation within the transport and rail sector, and a business at the forefront of HS2 plans within the UK. Located in the heart of Milton Keynes, they are one of the top employers within the local area and a vocal point for the transport and rail industry. Our client put employee satisfaction first and are highly flexible with working hours and provide a working environment with a family feel!
Part Time Finance Analyst Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for reporting the performance and provide support by way of financial reviews and analysis.
- Work closely with and support relevant stakeholders in taking a data based approach to decision making, proactively supporting client requests and commercial innovation
- Period End Reporting / Trading Performance analysis .
- To build relationships with relevant stakeholders, building knowledge and financial awareness, ensuring any risks or opportunities are proactively managed and shared appropriately
- Preparation of monthly analysis tools
- Producing monthly financial reviews with senior finance analyst
- Preparing month end accruals and prepayments with thorough analysis of figures in the GL and budgets prior to posting.
- Preparation of monthly commentary to the standard and quality required for use by senior decision makers within the business.
- Highlighting any potential risks and opportunities to management.
- Provides timely, accurate, and reliable insight in response to adhoc queries from Finance Manager and Business Partners
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis, ensuring proof of balance is incorporated and all appropriate actions are taken to clear reconciling items promptly.
- Accessing and combining different sources of financial and non-financial data to develop useful insights into the business.
Part Time Finance Analyst Requirements:
- Qualified by experience or studying towards AAT/CIMA/ACCA
- Budgeting/forecasting experience
- Track record of problem solving
- Advanced Excel essential
- Demonstrated experience in an analytical role
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Experience in financial systems
- Demonstrated business partnering experience and be confident in dealing with senior stakeholders
Opportunity to work for one of the leading business within Milton Keynes on a part time bases!