An exciting opportunity has come about for an energetic Assistant Accountant to work closely with and report directly to a CFO. This role will offer progression for a part-qualified candidate.
This Financial Technology company are a fast growing business with a start-up mentality. Their head office is based in Victoria.
As the Assistant Accountant you will be responsible for the following:
Bookkeeping & Accounting
- Develop and Maintain the Accounts Payable ledger including reconciling all supplier statements, recording invoices and expenses before accurately recording within the computerised accounts system and making payments (BACS)
- Develop and Maintain the Accounts Receivable ledger and carrying out credit control as necessary
- Cash forecasting
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparing monthly management accounts and associated journals
- Reconciling and monitoring all Balance Sheet accounts
- Updating Fixed Asset Register
- Producing Year End accounts
- Liaising with external auditor(s)
- Filing quarterly VAT Returns
Forecasting & Business Intelligence
- Working to contribute towards producing a forecast on a rolling 12-month basis
- Monitoring business performance against forecast each month
- Working with management to produce key financial indicators upon which the business decisions can be made
- Collating and validating new starters, leavers and employment changes for monthly payroll
- Inputting and validating payroll details using external provider (Moorepay)
- Following up any queries on payroll
- Ensuring employment contracts are in place and centrally stored (Cloud)
- Development and preparation of additional management information/analysis, including assisting with business cases and various projects.
To be considered for this Assistant Accountant position you must have the following:
- Part-qualified ACCA/CIMA.
- A 2:1 degree or above in Accountancy or related subject is desirable.
- Prior experience of accounting packages essential. Prior use of Xero is desirable.
- Advanced Excel and good Word skills are required.
- Good numeracy and written skills.
- Ability to draft reports and business correspondence.
£28,000 - £35,000 + study support + benefits