Household name and leading retail business in the heart of Milton Keynes. Recent business acquisitions have created the opportunity for a credit controller to join the team.
Our client are one of the UKs leading retail businesses and a household name. Recent acquisitions have created a number of opportunities across the business, making it an exciting time to join. They are a business that prioritises employee satisfaction and this is shown by there high retention rates and internal promotions.
Credit Controller Responsibilities:
- Managing the end to end ownership of a portfolio of accounts from the collections through to litigation.
- Taking a proactive role in managing and collecting debts owed to the Company. Ensuring timely payment of debts, chase outstanding payments by phone, email or letters.
- Responsible for inputting and updating customer records, monitoring customer account status, chasing overdue accounts, dealing with invoice queries.
- Responsible for reporting on credit limit breaches, whilst ensuring the highest standards of customer service are upheld.
- Managing sales ledger and customer records to include preparation of statements, customers status reports and all relevant information as required. Perform month end processes and track KPIs ie. debtor day reduction targets
- Maintaining customer records on our account systems, checking and posting of receipts, reconciling customer accounts, processing invoices and credit notes.
- Regular liaison with Credit insurers and Legal firms to deal with any bad debts. Liaise with our auditors as appropriate and perform year end processes.
- Taking a proactive role identifying and implementing efficiency and improving processes.
Credit Controller Requirements:
- Highly organised with a proven history of efficient debt reduction and cash flow improvement to deliver excellent service and exceed KPI's.
- Minimum of 2 years experience within credit control
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, with an ability to take initiative and deliver tasks as required
- A professional and confident team player who has natural diplomacy skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with external customers and internal colleagues.
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to reconcile complex accounts
- Target driven with robust experience of managing a portfolio of debt
Great opportunity for an experience credit controller to join the team!