Support and challenge business decision making by providing high-quality and insightful performance analysis.
A multi-site, market-leading, support services group based in Bath, with an excellent reputation and culture within the finance team and wider business.
FP&A Accountant's Key responsibilities:
- Ensure teams (business partners/divisions) are supported with accurate & insightful performance analysis.
- Highlight risks and opportunities to financial and commercial management and provide variance and trend analyses to support decision making.
- Support and challenge the Business in the quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting processes.
- Perform month end analysis to support financial reporting entries accurately and timely to facilitate the month end close. Ensure entries are reviewed and documented.
- Provide consolidated views, analysis, and reporting of monthly/ half yearly/ annual performance, revenue and commercial spend; collaborate closely with the Operating Board Directors to provide timely information and insights into the drivers of key variances.
- Build robust relationships across both the Business and with other finance teams to ensure seamless FP&A support to the Business, and supporting their decision making
- Appraise, provide analysis and recommendations on potential business opportunities and investments.
- Develop and foster a strong financial integrity & stewardship culture across the business.
- Conduct deal evaluations, pricing and profitability analyses, and recommendations for the Business
- Support of the group strategy, growth and profitability objectives.
- Drive a continuous improvement mind-set ensuring that best practice is embedded.
- Ad hoc project appraisal and analysis work as required.
- CCAB qualified accountant or qualified by experience
- Ability to assimilate information and make decisions quickly
- Experience of presenting complex information in a user friendly way to non-financial managers
- Proven track record of influence decision makers in key business areas
- Proven track record of building relationships, gaining credibility and challenging constructively
- Advanced excel skills
- Comfortable with large volume data extraction and manipulation
- Experience in multi company, multi product offering environment
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience in Business Objects
Competitive basic salary + package