- Part time
market leading FMCG business on the outskirts of Milton Keynes. A recent internal promotion has created an exciting opportunity for a progressive Assistant Accountant to join the team.
We are currently working with a market leading business in Milton Keynes to recruit an Assistant Accountant. The UK business has recently taken on a number of European entities and requires a hands on, part-qualified level accountant to assist in all month end and statutory responsibilities for all UK and European entities.
Assistant Accountant Responsibilities:
- Reconciliation of inter company trading balances between our legal entities and other business entities
- Assisting with production of accounts to trail balance
- Prepare various month end journals and reconciliations including Payroll, Assets, Prepayments and accruals
- PAYE settlement agreement calculation and submission
- Month-end reconciliation around various company ledgers
- Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets
- Ad hoc analysis across the wider finance function
Assistant Accountant Requirements:
- 1-3 years as an Assistant Accountant
- Studying towards AAT/ACCA/CIMA
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel
- Intermediate Excel skills (pivot tables, VLOOKUPs)
- Experience in Balance sheet account preparation
- Self-disciplined and efficient, with a flexible and proactive nature
- Experience in accounting software
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
Market leading business with a truly global reach, and a track record of organic growth and promoting from within!