Finance Business Partner - Functions & Operations (Banking)
Our client (Financial Services) is seeking a Business Partner for their Group Functions & Operations (HR, Compliance, Risk & Finance)
The role will provide support to business unit heads, and will contribute to a number of key processes (Budgeting, Business Case Analysis, Monthly Finance MI etc.)
Candidates must have strong Finance Business Partnering / Management Accounting experience, and must have partnered with a functions / operations department. Banking experience is highly preferable.
- Providing analytical support to new business initiatives. Assessing and contributing to business cases for tactical and strategic investments in any Function and monitoring progress and benefits realisation.
- Providing analytical support for new (or renewed) contracts with major suppliers of any Function
- Ensuring all budgets and plans for each Function are produced in a timely manner and to quality required for submission to executive committees and the Board of directors.
- Managing the production of the monthly financial MI (including insightful, actionable commentary) for each Function by working day 3 of each month.
- Managing a view of financial risks and opportunities within each Function's cost base on an ongoing basis.
- Creating analytical insight to help identify opportunities to drive change and improve efficiency (including driving revenues, reducing costs) within each Function
- Documentation of key Finance processes including identification of key controls
- Minimum 3 years as a Management Accountant or a similar Finance role partnering a Functions / Operations team
- Experience working within the banking industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Degree - ideally in quantitative subject eg Mathematics, Accounting or Statistics
- Excel at Macro level desirable.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.