Investment Accountant, Real Estate/Private Equity
Our client is a rapidly growing real estate asset management business. Due to the growth of the business, an additional person is required to join the London Finance team. This will be for a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) who ideally trained in practice and has some post-qualified experience in either the Real Estate or Private Equity sectors.
- The role sits within the Investment Accounting team (Head of Accounting, two other investment accountants, one cash management analyst)
- The role's primary function is to oversee the accounting, audit and administration of investment deals structured through Irish, Luxembourg, Spanish and Italian structures. Future deals may be structured in other jurisdictions
- As the bookkeeping function is outsourced, the role involves working closely with external administrators, tax consultants, auditors
- Internally, the role involves liaising with the investment teams as they are the main internal client
- Reviewing all transactions for deals are updated and correctly coded on the cash management database daily. Whilst this is done by the cash management analyst, they will need to be supervised.
- Periodic analysis of deal costs as requested by the investment teams
- Send monthly loan servicing and cash transaction ledger to external administrators who prepare the quarterly management accounts pack.
- Analytical review of quarterly management accounts pack prepared by administrators, challenging the accounting treatment of transactions where necessary and ensuring inter-company balances are reconciled.
- Delivery of quarterly, half-yearly, annual unaudited and audited financial statements to lenders (banks)
- Allocation of approved distributions to entities within complicated structures
- Review of quarterly VAT and annual Corporation Tax computations
- Managing interim and annual audits with very tight deadlines
- Dealing with auditors, tax consultants, company secretaries and teams across various investment structures
- You must be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Ideally you will have trained in audit and have some real estate or private equity investment management experience either as part of your audit training or through your next role post-audit
- Experience gained in an investment accounting or fund accounting capacity would be advantageous
- Able to work as part of a small team and have excellent all round communication skills