Group Tax - Tax Specialist - Assistant Vice President
Group Tax manages the Bank's tax affairs through its two functions, Tax Reporting and Compliance and Tax Advisory Services:
Tax Reporting and Compliance is responsible for internal and external tax reporting and disclosures, tax accounting policies, the Bank's effective tax rate and other key tax metrics. This function also manages the Bank's compliance with local tax obligations, tax filings, and tax audits and disputes.
Tax Advisory Services partners with business areas and other infrastructure functions across the Bank to provide tax advice on business transactions and products, corporate acquisitions and divestitures, and internal structuring and organisational questions. The function is responsible for tax related risk parameters in these areas and collaboration with governmental bodies in connection with the development of tax legislation.
The global acting Responsible Officer Team (RO Team) is responsible for providing technical advice and governance in relation to the international Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), Qualified Intermediary (QI) and Common Reporting Standards (CRS) requirements.
- Assist the Responsible Officer in monitoring and controlling Deutsche Bank Group's compliance with FATCA, QI and CRS
- Monitor and review changes in the FATCA, CRS and QI tax technical landscape (new regulation, changes in interpretation); and work closely with external advisors and internal stakeholders to agree appropriate regulatory requirements for implementation.
- Perform periodic risk assessments at home and abroad
- Produce written risk reports to senior management and key stakeholders
- Ensure relevant policy documents are reviewed periodically and kept up to date
- Collect, report and monitor risks
Key skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience in the areas of Compliance, Finance, Risk, Audit or DCO
- Basic understanding of risk and regulatory reporting requirements
- Basic understanding of the Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) reporting landscape, including Chapter 3 / 61 of the US Tax Code, FATCA and the Common Reporting Standards is preferred
- Structured and analytical approach
- Openness, “can-do” approach, dealing effectively with difficult interlocutors and challenging situations
- Strong ability to understand complex processes and their effects as well as to assess and to question the effectiveness of proposed solutions
- Proactive and result oriented division of labour
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and explain complex tax issues simply and succinctly
- Proficient analytical skills and ability to demonstrate and document complex influencing factors concisely using Microsoft Word, Project, PowerPoint and Excel
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to engage and influence industry and tax policy initiatives
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.