AVP Internal Auditor
Internal Audit is an independent review function established within the Singapore Branch to assess, under the supervision of the Internal Audit Division, the business activities of each functional section of the Branch. The incumbent is responsible for providing the General Manager of the Singapore Branch with information on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control at the Branch and the quality of the Branch operating performances against the established standards. The primary audit review takes the form of a financial, operation or a system audit. Review of adequacy of Branch policy and procedures is also an essential component of the audit. The internal audit activity aims to contribute to the improvement of the risk management, control and governance processes of the Branch.
- Assist the SVP IA in the completion of the annual audit schedule of the Singapore Branch.
- Prepare, review and refine audit programs, audit procedures and methods wherever necessary for the conduct of the internal audit activities.
- Direct and/or participate in audits in accordance with the Internal Audit Policy, Overseas Branch Internal Audit Procedure & Manual as established by the Internal Audit Division.
- Provide written audit reports on the review results of the Branch functional sections in accordance with the annual audit work plan.
- Preparation of periodic audit tracking to the Internal Audit Division.
- Attend Branch Committee meetings whenever appropriate and as SVP IA alternate
- Assist the SVP IA to perform high level review of new product proposals by ensuring significant risks and required internal controls are adequately highlighted to the Internal Audit Division for information and the Branch management for consideration.
- Assist SVP IA in audit related matters, such as audits/ queries by the following parties, to ensure proper coverage and risk assessment :
- The Internal Audit Division
- Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Authorities in Japan (where information is available in English)
- External Auditors
- Assist the SVP IA to provide written or verbal advice to the Internal Audit Division and, if necessary, the Branch management on risk-related issues, including systems, controls and new products.
- Attend appropriate internal and/or external training and professional development courses. Keep abreast of present and future developments in the banking industry and in the Branch so as to contribute to improving risk management capabilities and audit methodology of the Branch
- To undertake any other work-related duties that may be reasonably assigned by the Internal Audit Division or the Branch management (the latter subject to approval of the Internal Audit Division).
- Approximate 5-7 year experience in a senior auditing capacity within the international banking environment
- Good working knowledge of relevant banking laws, MAS regulations and comprehension of relevant aspects of international banking industry, i.e. familiarity in Treasury, Corporate Finance, Market and Credit Risk Management, Accounting, Regulatory Compliance, Information Technology, Information Security, and all Operations supporting the business activities
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong written, interpersonal and communication skills and a team player.
- An affiliation with a recognized audit organization, past formal audit training and knowledge of auditing principles /standards (i.e., IIA) required. IT auditing skills / knowledge and IT professional qualifications will be an advantage.
- Proficient PC skills, particularly Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes.