Senior - Finance, Controls & Capital Events Assurance - Audit & Assurance - Hong Kong
About Deloitte China
Our professionals at Deloitte China provide a full range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services, and work closely within Greater China, across Asia-Pacific and around the world to provide clients of every size with local experience and international expertise. We have considerable experience in China and are one of the leading professional services providers in this marketplace.
The Deloitte purpose is about making an impact that matters to our clients. Our extensive service spectrum enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte is committed to investing in our people and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in the China marketplace, please connect with our Deloitte China social media platforms via www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media.
About Finance, Controls & Capital Events Assurance
We enable clients to create world-class Finance functions by providing insights on the design of finance organization, processes, internal controls, data and systems, as well as facilitate our clients in preparing and accounting for capital market transactions and events, such as getting ready for IPO, accounting for significant merger and carve-out, etc.
Work you'll do:
- Assist Partner / Director to develop practical solutions and methodologies to optimize the strategic value of our clients' finance function to the organization
- Assist our clients to assess the current performance of their finance function and identify areas of improvements in efficiency and effectiveness
- Help our clients to define a clear set of value propositions for finance roles and assist in the executing of its future finance strategy
- Standardize and simplify processes to enable cost effective operations with the best use of technology
- Assist our clients to enhance its reporting and analytics insights by understanding the client's needs, establishing business-data relationships and helping to develop chart of accounts, report packs, KPIs and analytical reports
- Assist on the development/ implementation of emerging digital finance tools and techniques e.g. robotic process automation, data analytics, etc.
- Assist clients to assess the IPO readiness of their accounting, finance function and internal controls and provide practical improvement recommendations
- Assist clients to prepare, analyze and account for significant merger, acquisition and divesture transactions
- Participate in major client pursuits, including proposals preparation and presentations
You are also expected to:
Identify and embrace our purpose and values and put these into practice in their professional life
Develop self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, share knowledge and experiences with others, and act as a strong brand ambassador
Seek opportunities to challenge self; team with others across businesses and borders to deliver and take accountability for own and team results
Build relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, align own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
- 2 - 5 years' experience in delivering professional services to clients as auditor of financial statements or consultant in the area of finance transformation and internal financial control improvement
- Accounting qualification is mandatory with a strong academic record
- Prior significant roles in large scale finance transformation projects in industry is preferred
- Preferably with experiences in IPO and/or significant merger, acquisition or divestiture transactions
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to professional and client services excellence
- Understanding of the emerging digital finance capabilities that are available
- Mature and self-motivated
- Good oral and written communication skills in both English and Chinese
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.