Associate / Senior Consultant - Business Process Solutions - Tax & Legal - Hong Kong
About Deloitte China
Our professionals at Deloitte China provide a full range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services, and work closely within Greater China, across Asia-Pacific and around the world to provide clients of every size with local experience and international expertise. We have considerable experience in China and are one of the leading professional services providers in this marketplace.
The Deloitte purpose is about making an impact that matters to our clients. Our extensive service spectrum enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte is committed to investing in our people and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in the China marketplace, please connect with our Deloitte China social media platforms via www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media.
About Tax & Legal
Deloitte China Tax and Business Advisory is the only Big Four practice that works As One across Greater China Region including the Chinese Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan with nearly 2,500 tax people to advise and assist clients concerning tax and business issues. It is also a Tier One tax practice in Chinese Mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan (International Tax Review's World Tax 2014).
Work you'll do:
- Handles full set of accounting books, ledgers, vouchers, bank reconciliations, and prepares income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements and other key types of financial reports by applying best commercial practices
- Conducts research, executes financial analyses using simple RPA tools
- Drives seamless execution and implementation of payroll solutions
- Demonstrates key capabilities in delivering a high quality service experience to the clients
- Selects appropriate methods for collecting and analyzing data and develops practical recommendations
You are also expected to:
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business
- Bachelor's degree or above, major in accounting
- A qualification certificate is preferred, including but not limited to HKICPA, CICPA, ACCA, or AICPA, CTA
- Good understanding of accounting standards, IFRS or US GAAP, and payroll requirements, be able to identify clients' technical issues, and provide workable solutions
- Strong business writing skills in both English and Chinese as well as fluent spoken English language
- Experienced in using ERP system like Oracle or SAP, or other accounting software
- Good communication skills and can maintain positive working relationships with appropriate client personnel on all engagements
- Actively involve in new or challenging projects, can be a team player and help maintain gook working environment with the team
- Outstanding ability of effectively managing multiple engagements independently and under time pressure
- Knowledge and practical experience in doing Tax-related tasks is a plus
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.