Transfer Agency, Officer
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the achievement of specific department/section performance targets and objectives
- As a member of the senior management team lead, direct and manage the department
- Make sound operational decisions
- Contribute to the development of the organisation in terms of financial planning, business strategy, service offerings and HR policies
- Development and maintenance of strong client relationships
- Handle and resolve complex/unusual operational and managerial problems that are referred from above and below
- Ensure that procedures, policies and processes are adhered to so that a high quality service is delivered to the customer. Propose and/or implement procedural changes to improve performance of the department or of related business areas
- Maintain and develop expertise demonstrating judgment and an understanding of the business
- Responsible for the development and continued maintenance of satisfactory operational client and regulatory body relationships
- Identify and secure resources required by the department and ensure effective utilisation
- Ensure that Transfer Agency is properly resourced both in terms of people and technology whilst complying with agreed budgetary guidelines
- Provide adequate training to all grades in support of the overall organisation & Transfer Agency Training Plan
- Assist more senior colleagues when required to do so and deputise in their absence
- Utilise management information as required to assist in managing both clients and resources
- Focus on development opportunities for your Senior Associates and ensure that time is made available to focus on non-operational management aspects of role through the delegation of tasks where appropriate.
- Using corporate PPR tools, actively participate in the performance appraisal process and monitor overall timeliness of completion for the entire team with your direct reports
RISK & REGULATORY
- Ensure compliance as appropriate with regulatory requirements and with the relevant short, medium and long-term goals, objectives and values of the organization
- Understand the risk environment within the team & manage appropriately
- Monitor the development and implementation of appropriate procedures to meet internal control and external compliance/regulatory requirements
- Provide regular feedback to managers and more senior colleagues with regard to Transfer Agency operations
- Attend and contribute to operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required
- Actively participate in your chosen Focus Group CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- Create an environment that is flexible and adaptable and be a champion of change
- Initiate and oversee tasks within a continuous improvement drive to ensure that the Department is efficient and seen as customer and quality driven
- Provide support to Senior Associates and their reports during the implementation of change
- Ensure participation in the completion and implementation of department wide projects as required and lead local team initiatives
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is required. This should be complemented with a good understanding of Fund Accounting, Custody and Regulatory background to Funds Industry.
- Typically candidate will have 5-8 years experience in a similar environment including at least 3 years in a management/supervisory capacity.
- Accurate and Precise
- Team Oriented
- Excellent communications skills