Senior Audit Manager, Financial Markets, GIA
2 days left
- Full time
We are currently looking for Senior Audit Manager, Financial Markets, GIA
To undertake continuous risk assessments and lead, where directed, internal audit engagements of Financial Markets or business units within Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB). To assist the Head of Audits to deliver the audit plan established in conjunction with relevant members of Group Internal Audit function.
- Establish and develop effective working relationships with Management of business units for which incumbent has risk assessment responsibility.
- Act as liaison with Management to ensure full understanding of business strategy, plans, products, performance and risk-related issues at business unit level and communicating these to the relevant Functional Team members via bottom-up continuing risk assessments and dialogue.
- Perform, support or lead where directed, the planning, fieldwork, and reporting of internal audit engagements to deliver agreed assurance objectives to established standards and timelines.
- Provide non-assurance services to business units where required, through participation on advisory engagements / special projects within the Group.
- Where undertaking the role of Team Leader, provide interim performance feedback to team members through written evaluations.
- Be a Subject Matter of Expert (SME) for one of the Financial Markets product, e.g. FX, Commodities, Rates, Credit, Capital Markets etc. Share knowledge, skills and experience with team members to guide and assist in their development. Assist HoA to build local specialism within the country audit teams.
- To come out with innovative ideas helping the function transforming to a high-performance culture and deliver smarter auditing.
- Professional auditors or business practitioners with core audit / business skills.
- Effective collaborative skills that contribute to positive working relationships with counterparts in Group Audit and the business.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and seek guidance when needed.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task without loss of quality.
- Flexibility to work across different functions and situations globally, and change priorities at short notice.
- Demonstrates ability to think objectively and "think outside the box" when analysing issues and recommending / developing solutions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to foster a participative and cooperative work environment.
- Demonstrates understanding of and commitment to the Group's core values.
- Engagement in professional certification activities, including completion of mandatory Bank-sponsored industry certification (e.g. credit, trade finance etc.) where appropriate.
- Professional audit certification encouraged.
- Ability to commit to ~ 25% business travel.
- Ability to perform role of "Change Leader".
Reports to Product Head of Audit