Head of Financial Shared Services
This senior role in the finance team covers a variety of tasks namely having full responsibility for 2 management accountants and one fixed asset clerk.
The role requires ensuring financial control, financial review and sign off is conducted for all central cost centres, fixed assets and group project reporting.
Our client is a multinational business with a portfolio of well known FMCG brands.
Key responsibilities include :
- Manage 2 management accountants and 1 fixed asset clerk
- First level review of monthly flash for to ensure that this is delivered/presented to the brand Finance Director's in an accurate and timely manner.
- To oversee the production of timely and accurate trading accounts with commentary and variance analysis.
- To be fully responsible for reviewing the production of accurate and timely balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring formal sign off and quarterly high level sign off is produced and reviewed for ALL balance sheet accounts.
- Fully responsible for the delivery of all IT cost centre reporting
- Fully responsible for all fixed asset additional, monthly depreciation and ensuring all fixed asset reconciliations are reviewed and signed off
- Accurate and timely reporting for cost centre managers with commentary.
- To ensure that any balance sheet reconciliation review actions are completed
- Co-ordination of a formal quarterly balance sheet review
- Continually review content and benefit of management information produced by department.
- Oversee annual budget and processes including working capital forecasts and budget
- Oversee 2 x annual trading account forecasts
- Ensure timely monthly data is prepared for upload into consolidation system (Hyperion) from GL systems (Coda & Open Accounts)
- Ensure correct resources are available for the team at all times.
- Annual and half yearly audit preparation
- Drive improvement in current processes with aim of improving quality and delivery time.
- Ad hoc project work, namely the new GL project to rationalise reporting for projects, fixed assets and trading accounts
Experienced in a a central cost / Shared services environment with in depth understanding of the full Trial balance.
Experienced delivering trading accounts with analysis and commentary.
Experienced in production and review of balance sheet reconciliations.
Experienced managing a team.
Experienced in managing IT cost centre reporting
Experienced with ERP systems and implementation projects, ideally MS Dynamics.
Long term contract in a challenging and thriving business.