Are you a qualified accountant with strong technical accounting skills?
Are you committed to providing an expert and professional service to your stakeholders?
If you’ve answered yes then we want to hear from you to show you our opportunities for an exciting and rewarding career in DVLA Finance (an ACCA approved employer for professional development).
Our strategy is to be at the heart of decision making, providing both insight and foresight. We are experts in our field providing a professional service to customers and stakeholders. We operate within seamless governance and assurance processes that aid not delay and will transform our own services alongside wider business transformation, harnessing developments in technology, regulation and customer demands. Finance is a vibrant and dynamic place to work and at the forefront of the modern working agenda.
We are looking for a Qualified Accountant to join our pool of finance professionals and help deliver our strategy. You will develop a deep understanding of our business, working with colleagues and stakeholders across different disciplines to drive the agenda, not just keep the score. As a pool accountant you will have the opportunity to work in different areas and roles and have a varied, rewarding career pathway.
Key role responsibilities of a pool accountant will include;
- Professional support for business case development including costing and investment appraisal,
- Build and maintain financial models and perform data analysis,
- Provide comprehensive information and an advice service to business area(s) on financial matters,
- Provide input to the development and/or implementation of financial policies and processes
- Prepare Management Accounting reporting including:
- Variance analysis
- Financial performance reports
- Forecast/Business Plan assumption documentation
- Provide finance and accounting advice through Finance Business Partnering arrangements,
- Leadership and management role undertaking line management duties as necessary,
- Engage with wider Finance Directorate units and Agency stakeholders to develop a comprehensive stakeholder network.
You will be able to demonstrate a breadth of accounting skills including cost modelling, forecasting, budgeting and investment planning and appraisal. Whilst some post qualification experience is desirable, your potential to develop into an effective finance professional is critical. Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills are essential including the ability to communicate effectively with all audiences. Attention to detail and accuracy is key supported by mature Excel and PowerPoint skills. These may be tested at interview.
Skills & Experiences you will bring to the role
- Qualified Accountant, CCAB/CIMA Member is essential with a broad depth of knowledge.
- Ability to influence at all levels and promote collaborative working across teams.
- Good working knowledge of SAP Financials would be desirable
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Seeing the bigger picture and the ability to think strategically
- Driving performance and best practice.
- Ability to use judgement to make sound financial decisions, challenging appropriately.
- The ability to manage and filter workflow as well as organise and prioritise workloads to maximise productivity
- Experience of Business Partnering skills