Internal & Financial Controls Manager
Working as part of the finance team accountable for governance, controls, systems and processes, you will be responsible for the groups new Internal Controls over the Financial Reporting (ICFR) Assessment Programme.
Our client is one of the leading airports globally. They provided transport, retail and security for 78 million passengers in 2017 and had a 2.7% growth in revenue leading to revenue of £2.9 billion.
They are a complex organisation with teams in areas such as retail, air travel, rail, security, IT, procurement, reputation risk and many more.
Life with this business is fast-paced and exciting - it offers fun, teamwork and fantastic opportunities. They put their people first and champion diversity and inclusion. They offer agile working, yoga in the office, working from home benefits and are very people focused.
- Review and improve the ICFR framework and methodology on an on-going basis, identifying opportunities to streamline and strengthen the existing programme in line with best practice and in accordance with the 2013 COSO framework
- Review the design controls and ensure they are designed effectively and efficiently in line with framework requirements
- Perform testing on the design and operating effectiveness of all ICFR controls and ensure any control gaps are addressed in a timely manner by working with the Process Owners to create solutions
- Manage relationships with the relevant teams, Process Owners, Control Owners and stakeholders (including internal and external auditors)
- Ensure compliance with ICFR related reporting requirements
- Have responsibility for leading the development and optimisation of the ICFR Assessment Programme and play a key role in establishing and maintaining excellent relationships across the business functions and internal/external auditors relating to the ICFR Assessment Programme.
ACA, CPA, IIA, ACCA
Relevant internal controls experience, including Big 4 professional services firm experience.
Knowledge and experience in the analysis, risk assessment, evaluation, and design of Finance processes, systems and internal controls.
Experience of COSO 2013, Internal Controls over Financial Reporting and SOX (404) compliance.
Experience with IT General Controls Assessment.
Ability to interpret a broad range of complex process issues, evaluate options, design solutions, and present a compelling argument through written, numerical and oral solutions.
Flexibility to move between businesses and subjects, running a number of agendas in different subject areas whilst maintaining capability to support wider finance initiatives.
An understanding of the aviation/ construction / infrastructure sector, and the issues associated with working within a regulated industry are advantageous.
- A challenging and fast-paced career
- Room to progress & develop
- Ownership over the ICFR framework
- Leading and developing the program
- Managing and working with Big 4 consultants asisting wih the SOX & ICFR implementation
- A competitive basic salary
- Room to develop your career within the business both in this role or moving into other parts of the business
- A varied role covering financial control,internal control, business improvement, governance and risk