Assistant Management Accountant
This Assistant Management Accountant role based in Basingstoke, is responsible for the financial management of the contracts and their accurate reporting, whilst working with the Operational Management to understand the drivers of cost and the opportunities to improve profitability.
This building and construction company in Basingstoke, provides specialist teams and technology solutions to help plan, manage and improve their clients' workplaces. This provides our clients with access to solutions not readily available in their own organisations.
Assistant Management Accountant Key Responsibilities;
- Adhere to strict deadlines for submission of trading figures for contracts
- Ownership of contracts and supporting key stakeholder of contracts with relevent financial information
- Forecasting and Budget control for contracts
- Provide accurate information on a timely basis
- Processing purchase invoices through Oracle
- Understand cost plus accounting
- Reconciliation of costs invoiced
- Ensure strong accounting controls are in operation at all times
- Provide reporting information to specific contract as required
- Debtors Control on specific overdue accounts support
- Administration of the Control sheets and accounting control sheets on a monthly basis
- High level of integrity and resilience
- Ability to set objectives, take personal responsibility and work towards objectives with limited supervision and direction
Assistant Management Accountant Key Skills and Qualifications;
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Degree level or Association of Accounting Technicians or equivalent
- Part-Qualified CIMA or ACCA
- An excellent understanding of Excel is desirable, together with accounting computer packages knowledge
- A team player who is adaptable to working on their own imitative
- Knowledge of local tax and statutory reporting requirements would be desirable
The Assistant Management Accountant candidate will ensure smooth operations of the accounting function, providing accounting support for the business and performing any necessary statutory duties as required for this leading building and construction company.
This instantly-recognisable building and construction organisation, based in Basingstoke is a true market leader that strives for passion, excellence and industry leading innovation. The successful Assistant Management Accountant will have will be on track to qualify (CIMA / ACCA) as soon as possible.