Director of Compliance
NEST Corporation is the Trustee of the scheme and is a non-departmental public body independent of government but accountable to Parliament through the Department of Work and Pensions.
NEST is a critical pillar of the Government's automatic enrolment programme. Now with over 6 million members and well over half a million participating employers, NEST is playing a key role in helping people save for retirement.
This high-profile position, reporting directly to the Chief Risk Officer, will be responsible for leading a huge amount of change across NEST Corporation. As much as ensuring compliance with on-going and new regulations, the role will be responsible for driving organisational change and internal consulting.
- Ensuring regulatory developments and changes in legislation are assessed and implemented where necessary.
- To feed into consultations on regulatory changes and challenge or make judgements where required.
- Ownership and assistance on all regulatory reporting/other requirements.
- Engagement and support in programmes of work as required.
- Establish and implement firm wide compliance policies and procedures to ensure NEST is compliant to all relevant laws, regulations and rules; communicating and advising NEST colleagues and support units on compliance and regulatory information as needed.
- Supporting the compliance function in Management Information reporting to the executive team as required.
- Ensure senior management remain informed of regulatory, legislative and best practice changes and their obligations under these changes and how they impact NEST.
- The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following as part of their role (this list is not exhaustive):
- Play a supporting role to the Chief Risk Officer and deputise when required
- Responsible for managing, reporting and ensuring compliance with pensions and all FCA regulatory obligations and assessing the reporting of the risk profile of the business.
- Develop, lead and motivate the Risk, Compliance and Technology team to maximise effectiveness.
- Support the provision of practical regulatory advice to NEST.
- Support the executive and senior leadership teams to enable the successful delivery of compliance projects ensuring technical excellence and a practical/business driven approach.
- Engaging with senior personnel at regulatory bodies, building relationship and trust through delivering compliant solutions.
Relationships and autonomy
- This is a senior role which forms part of the management team of the Risk, Compliance & Technology directorate.
- The successful candidate is expected to maintain relationships at all levels across all teams, especially those with the Director of Compliance, General Counsel and Operations directorate.
- Develop, maintain and strengthen the relationship between compliance and the business by providing timely and effective advice.
- Maintaining strong communication channels to ensure a two-way flow of information.
- Effectively manage relevant external stakeholders including vendors, external counsel and consultants.
Experience and technical skills
- The employee will be able to demonstrate the following experience and technical skills:
- Experience in a financial services firm, consultancy, law or audit firm (with a regulatory practice) or regulator is essential.
- In-depth working knowledge of a financial services institution (asset management desirable) or regulator.
- Experience of DC pensions or auto-enrolment would be an advantage.
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills with strong attention to detail
- Experience of effectively leading teams through organisational change
- Ability to summarise complex regulations and concepts in a concise manner.
- Core knowledge and experience in risk identification, risk assessment and controls development.
- Working knowledge of financial services regulation (i.e. FCA and TPR)
- Ability to negotiate and resolve issues with meaningful solutions both internally and externally.
- Ability to influence decision making and practical implementation of regulatory strategies and practices.
- Ability to interact with individuals from all levels of the business and external stakeholders.
- Ability to support other compliance programs of work from a policy and procedures perspective
- Innovative, with the ability to balance risk and control with exceptional analytical skills.
- Broad technical knowledge and experience covering regulatory risk
- Working knowledge of regulatory principles applicable to NEST
Personal attributes required
- The role will require someone with the following personal attributes:
- To be able to personally take on learnings and feedback constructively and take ownership of own personal development.
- Ability to adapt complex regulatory requirements and translate into understandable content.
- Excellent and proven oral and written communication skills - ability to present technical information clearly and concisely.
- Excelled project management skills including successful leadership of projects from inception to completion.
- Highly motivated individual with a demonstrated track record of leading in delivering solutions to problems, providing confident and credible challenge as and when required
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and autonomously
- Ability and drive to quickly acquire a deep understanding of the business strategies, plans and performance.
- Ability to synthesise complex information into key actions and recommendations.
The closing date for applications is 15 October 2018.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is part of Morgan Philips Group and is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.