Accounting Advisory VP
2 days left
- Full time
Leading Investment Bank is currently searching for an Accounting Advisory VP to support their Global Product Control team. This role has been created through an expansion of the desk and is an ideal opportunity for a Finance professional who is looking for a more stakeholder management role.
- Lead in providing IFRS accounting advice to all business lines and support functions across the bank in line with Group accounting policies. Advising on new business proposals, live transactions and products including structured transactions in a commercially & compliant manner.
- Proactively supporting the business in identifying accounting solutions arising in new transactions and new business initiatives.
- Participating in the Investment Bank and Group governance processes for new business proposals.
- Resolve ad-hoc and often complex accounting queries impacting the IB in a timely manner.
- Proactively support IFRS and Group accounting policy development and implementation within the bank.
- Consider and raise any accounting reputation risk matters with input to the European Reputational Risk and Client Selection Committee where appropriate.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Currently working in a technical accounting/accounting advisory or financial reporting role within Financial Services
- Strong knowledge of financial instruments i.e derivatives - essential
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS9 - implementation of IFRS9 is highly desired
- Strong academic background - minimum 2:1 degree
This role involves daily interaction with key stakeholders across to the business including the front office, Global Head of Product Control and other business heads and therefore you should have exceptional interpersonal skills. The position offers career progression into the Head of Accounting Advisory in the future.