Loan Closer / Loan Operations
Loan Closer / Loan Operations
SS&C provides software and software-enabled services for the global financial services industry. Through a combination of organic innovation and strategic acquisitions, we have assembled a comprehensive selection of technology and service capabilities, backed by industry-leading expertise. Since 1995, SS&C has acquired 51 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets. Acquisitions include GlobeOp, Advent Software, Citi Alternative Investor Services, Wells Fargo Global Fund Services and DST Systems
SS&C has more than 20,000 employees worldwide. Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia. SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence.
SS&C is the leading independent provider of cloud-based fund administration services and software for the alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds and managed accounts.
The Loans Operations team at SS&C is a growing department who offer loans expertise and support to their varied client base. The team is responsible for providing daily operational support end to end from trade capture, loan settlements and managing lifecycle events. SS&C GlobeOp clients are engaged in a variety of investment products, including direct lending, syndicated loans, infrastructure loans and CLO's with a heavy focus on the trading of primary and secondary syndicated loans.
The successful candidate will work within a dedicated team to provide all aspects of the of the operational activity involved in the loan lifecycle and administration.
- Support the settlement process of primary loan syndications and secondary loan trades, including all funding and documentation matters
- Significant interaction with senior management, SS&C GlobeOp clients, their trading counterparties, agent banks, custodians, trustees and other SS&C GlobeOp departments relative to loan settlements
- Investigate and resolve closing and transactional breaks/issues in a timely manner
- Participate in the daily/weekly preparation and review of trade status and risk reports and metrics provided to our clients and senior managers
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Finance or related discipline
- Financial services industry experience in Loan Closing/Operations working for a bank, hedge fund, administrator, or prime broker
- Understanding of syndicated loans including trade closing mechanics and economics, LMA/ LSTA market settlement conventions, Credit Agreements and their operational mechanics (i.e. funds flows, ticking fees, paydowns, drawdowns, Affiliate language etc.)
- Knowledge of ClearPar, WSO, and Advent Geneva experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Solid client relationship management skills
Data Privacy Notice
The provision of personal information through your job application will be processed in accordance with SS&C Data Privacy Notice for Candidates (https://www.ssctech.com/Portals/0/Documents/pdf-assets/SSC-EEA-Data-Protection-Policy.pdf), which the applicant hereby acknowledges having read and fully understood.
SS&C is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.