Controls Testing Manager (Markets & Treasury) 1LOD
- The key objective of the role is to act as part of small team to deliver a comprehensive control testing regime.
- Day to day management of the testing and ensuring their effectiveness.
- From knowledge of the business provide insight to the other members of the Control team of areas to consider from an operational risk and compliance perspective in processes and controls
- Ensuring adherence to Group policy, standards and methodologies appropriate to the business and provide management and measurement of operational risk, regulatory risk, and conduct and compliance risk through control-based evidence on the control environment.
- The role requires strong business/commercial risk skills. Excellent organisational skills with the ability to deliver to deadlines.
- A strength of character to challenge the business and deliver solutions
- Forming effective working relationships with wider divisional teams, working in partnership with them and others as required
- Good communication and team work with other divisional Risk/Audit business partners
- Complete control testing and recording of outcomes
- Develop and execute a plan for control testing and presentation of the state of the control environment to both the Divisional Leadership Team and 2nd and 3rd line risk and audit functions.
- Assist with embedding of other Group Policies.
- Provide assistance and participate in other Control Function activities as and when required
- Produce ad hoc reports, papers and presentations to a range of internal/external audiences for use by the Treasurer as and when required, e.g. Control matters for the Group Finance Director, Audit Committee etc.
Key Knowledge/ Skills:
- Mandatory: Audit and control testing experience (minimum 2 years)
- Demonstrate up to date knowledge of the PRA / FCA requirements, relevant policy developments and awareness of global regulatory developments
- Knowledge of corporate treasury and complex products, securitisations, capital issuance and hedging structures - capital markets
- Part/full professional qualification or aptitude to achieve one
- Good communicator
- Good PowerPoint/Excel skills, ability to understand a complex business and implement a good control framework
- Ability to build a network