The role poses a perfect opportunity for a second jobber to get in a really progressive role and excel within a prestigious and reputable company.The Accounts Assistant role has the opportunity to involve yourself in the month end, analysis and reporting elements of Accounting.
The client is a FTSE 250 shipping services providing company based in East London that has 4 different streams of revenue. With a presence in over 20 countries and having been established for over 150 years, it's a very prestigious and professional place to work.
The responsibilities include:
- Reviewing P&L nominal ledgers and analysing expenses for all of the London trading entities.
- Preparing and posting journals, i.e. prepayments, accruals, inter-company recharges and month end journals.
- Assisting with the weekly and monthly financial trading reports.
- Assisting with the preparation of VAT returns, EC Sales Lists, National Statistics Surveys, and the annual PAYE Settlement Agreement.
- Inter-company Reconciliations
- Assisting with accounts payable and treasury in busy periods.
- Assisting on the year-end financial statements.
- Other ad hoc accounting/analysis duties.
The successful candidate will be:
- Either a University graduate with 1+ year experience or an AAT studier with 2+ years experience
- Numerate and knowledge of accounting principles i.e. double entry book-keeping/prepayments/accruals would be an advantage but not essential.
- Applicants must be self confident with good communication and problem solving skills and have experience of working in a team environment within a large organisation.
- Be organised and able to prioritise own workload in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Excel - no beginners, intermediate Excel skills is essential
- Knowledge of SUN Systems or equivalent and Vision would be an advantage but not essential.
On offer to the candidate is:
- Salary up to £25k depending on experience
- Office hours 9.00am to 5.30pm with an hour for lunch
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Occupational pension scheme 5% employer / 10% employee contributions.
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Subsidised gym membership
- Free canteen lunch