Graduate Accounts Assistant
My client, based in Letchworth Garden City, is looking for a Graduate Accounts assistant to join their established pharmaceuticals company. As their graduate accounts assistant you will be helping the Financial controller in pioneering a significant change to the way the finance function will operate in this growing business. It will require a strong candidate with sufficient accounting knowledge and appropriate qualifications.
My Client are a market leader in their industry and have a culture of developing staff and creating a great work atmosphere conducive to success. With parking on site someone will ideally need to drive to have a suitable commute. This business is going from strength to strength with great sales growth and excellent profit margins, they are looking for an finance assistant to provide support for their continuous growth.
The initial key responsibilities of this graduate accounts assistant role will include:
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions form lock box and local deposits.
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Maintains records by microfilming invoices, debits, and credits.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
- Resolves valid or authorised deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolves invalid or unauthorised deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
- Summarises receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing reports.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
Ideally a numerical graduate, the chosen candidate will be competent with excel. The candidate for this accounts position, must have worked in a financial, hands on, role for the last 6months minimum. If you are interested in the position outlined above, are disciplined, self motivated and you are interested in working for (and growing with) a successful business that values their staff as well as taking great pride in what they do, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Competitive salary and an excellent package which includes:
- Study support
- 5% Employer Pension Contribution,
- Basic salary life insurance,
- 25 days' holiday