Senior Finance Analyst
The Commercial Senior Finance Analyst will be responsible for working closely with the sales team and senior management to ensure optimum profitability. You will review agreements and assess their commercial viability making recommendations based on your analysis. You will be a key contributor towards the Annual Business Plan and overall sales strategy as well as providing financial support at month and year end.
This international, multi-billion pound turnover organisation is a well-renowned market leader with innovative range of products and services. They are one of Milton Keynes most renowned consultancy businesses.
Senior Finance Analyst Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for reporting the performance and provide support by way of financial reviews and analysis.
- To build relationships with relevant stakeholders, building knowledge and financial awareness, ensuring any risks or opportunities are proactively managed and shared appropriately
- Work closely with and support relevant stakeholders in taking a data based approach to decision making, proactively supporting client requests and commercial innovation
- Preparation of monthly analysis tools
- Weekly Sales pack review and dashboard preparation/checking and improvement
- Preparing month end accruals and prepayments with thorough analysis of figures in the GL and budgets prior to posting.
- Preparation of monthly commentary to the standard and quality required for use by senior decision makers within the business.
- Producing monthly financial reviews with senior finance analyst
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis, ensuring proof of balance is incorporated and all appropriate actions are taken to clear reconciling items promptly.
- Highlighting any potential risks and opportunities to management.
- Accessing and combining different sources of financial and non-financial data to develop useful insights into the business.
- Period End Reporting / Trading Performance analysis .
Senior Finance Analyst Requirements:
- Established experience of working in a similar finance function;
- Near completion of an accounting qualification (ACCA or CIMA);
- Great attention to detail
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about learning and gaining a deeper commercial understanding of how businesses operate from an accounting perspective
- Comfort in managing multiple key stakeholders, internally and externally and across all different levels
- Personable and friendly with great communication skills
- Team player, with the ability to work in a fast changing environment
- Comfortable working with MS Excel
Unrivalled scope for development and progression within this international brand!