Graduate Revenue Accountant
The role is focused on managing revenue and billing in one aspect of the MMC consulting business, whilst providing ad hoc support to the revenue team and the wider finance team. The role is responsible for working with the business and ensuring that all revenue related issues are dealt with correctly, including raising invoices, preparing the month end revenue journals, and chasing payments from clients.
Market leading professional services firm, based within the City of London.
- Work with the business to raise and distribute invoices
- Take ownership of the month end revenue process for specific practice groups, estimating and confirming with the business project level revenues and completing case reviews of project time/expense charges.
- Manage the WIP balance, ensuring all work done is invoiced promptly and efficiently and in line with the requests of the business.
- Ensure all revenue is full supported with relevant documentation in line with controls and procedures.
- Assist with the development of the finance systems and processes, identifying opportunities to improve current processes and help resolve current issues
- Manage the aged debt and assist on all other aged debt chasing and cash collections as and where required
- Assist the other members of the revenue team with invoicing, reconciliations and documentation collection as required
- Assist the Revenue Team with all audit work, including preparing information for the auditors and answering subsequent queries.
- Collate and analyse balance sheet data to manipulate into a format for quarterly US reporting.
- Act as the first port of call for all partner finance queries.
- Support the revenue manager with ad hoc projects.
This opportunity is aimed towards an ambitious graduate looking for a new opportunity working for a global organisation that offers immediate responsibility and development opportunities as a graduate revenue accountant.
The successful candidate will be from a strong academic background and will be seeking to implement skills they have gained from their studies (a financially-based degree), as well as industry experience.
- Office experience required, not necessarily accountancy based.
- Degree level, with an interest in or currently studying for a finance qualification (ACCA or CIMA)
- Professional working approach and strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and strong organisational skills
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Experience of Oracle would be beneficial
This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate looking for a 'foot in the door' with a company that can develop and progress your career.