As a Payroll Assistant, you will have primary responsibility for the Payroll (end to end). The Payroll Assistant must be dedicated and industrious, committed to accuracy in all transactions when handling all payroll processing duties and you will provide assistance to both human resources and accounting when necessary.
The client is an established accountancy firm based in Welwyn Garden City, with progression prospects and a homely team culture where a payroll assistant is given the opportunity to learn and develop.
* Payroll processing for a total of over 440+ staff processed on a monthly basis from start to finish
* To generate bonus and commission calculations directly from the Accounts and the Accounting Systems
* All monthly reporting for Finance and HR utilising spreadsheets
* To maintain the general ledger with regard to payroll transactions and to ensure payroll journals are created, reviewed and inputted to the Financial system
* Ensure that the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions, leavers and terminations are processed accurate and timely
* Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers
* Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, holiday accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
* Prepare detailed commentaries around payroll variances
* Prepare information required by various third party including pension returns, attachment of earnings and salary sacrifice schemes
* Statutory payment calculations and query resolution
* Project improvements and implementation of new legislation
* Year End management of P11d's and P60's
* Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data
* Setting up and closing of PAYE schemes
The successful Payroll Assistant will have:
* At least 6 months Payroll experience
* Experience with SAGE payroll system software is essential
* The ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel to a high level to include VLOOKUP and Pivot tables
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* You must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
A competitive salary and excellent benefits with a great opportunity to progress in an established company.