On behalf of a business based in the centre of Reading I am recruiting for a permanent Assistant Accountant to join their expanding Finance team.
My client has a very settled finance team and are based walking distance from the station with parking available.
The successful applicant for this permanent role will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Monitoring, reconciling and matching unapplied cash receipts
- Reconciliation/research of payment remittances, bank deposits, transfers and GL accounting entries that have not been applied to an open invoice or cannot be identified by offshore shared service team.
- Reconciliation/resolution of customer accounts where unapplied, misapplied, credits, discrepancy, or variances may be present.
- Participate in financial statement close cycles and operational accounting functions to ensure accurate and timely reporting of accounts receivable
- Review and agree Balance Sheet reconciliations and resolution of action items in conjunction with colleagues
- Any other duties as agreed with the Finance Manager, Reporting and Control
To be considered for this permanent role you must posses the following key duties:
- Studying towards ACCA/CIMA or AAT
- Previous experience within an accounts role and more specifically acounts receivable
- Excellent/expert Excel skills
- Experience in problem solving, analytical
Full study support and bonus will be provided.