Graduate Trainee Accountant
Baker Tilly Mooney Moore is an independent firm of chartered certified accountants and business advisors. Based in Belfast’s Clarendon Dock, we provide services to clients throughout Northern Ireland and beyond.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive firm gaining hands on experience whilst studying for your professional exams. At Baker Tilly Mooney Moore we give you the opportunity to choose which route would be best suited to you and will support you every step of the way. We will provide relevant and practical work experience that will help you prepare for your professional exams.
During the course of your training contract (typically 3.5 years) you will supported and mentored by more senior members of the Audit and Business Services departments.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with audits across a wide variety of clients and sectors
- Assisting with Accounts preparation on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Preparation of VAT returns and advising clients on liabilities and payment dates
- Preparation of tax returns
- Assisting with payroll processing
- Identify client needs and assist the team provide solutions
- Undertake required training and development
- Students expecting or holding a 2:1 in any degree
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate strong team working, interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong IT skills, in particular Excel
*If the applicant has studied outside the UK education system they must demonstrate on their application how they meet the above criteria based on their equivalent qualification.
- Ideally applicants should hold or be studying towards an Accountancy or Business related degree
- Strong A Level/or equivalent, ideally 300 UCAS points. This is based on the top three grades achieved in the same sitting at the first attempt excluding General Studies and Media Studies
- Grade ‘B’ in GCSE English and Maths
- Previous work experience
- Demonstrate an interest in Accountancy/Audit
To apply for these positions please request an application pack by emailing: email@example.com