As an Assistant Accountant you will be responsible for many aspects of general ledger-related activities ranging from entering GL entries, preparing GL account reconciliations, assisting with the monthly close and financial reporting in a fast-paced, non-traditional accountancy environment.
A leading global management consulting firm. This role is located in their spectacular Central London offices.
Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant
- Journal entries, ledger maintenance and production of monthly reports leading to preparation of management accounts
- Reconciling balance sheet and P&L accounts to the general ledger each month and ensuring that corporate policy is adhered to.
- All balance sheet reconciliations including fixed asset management, prepayments and accruals
- Full ownership of unit's accounts receivable function: developing relationships with Partners and Managers on the each client job, managing the WIP cycle, reviewing contracts and raising invoices immediately after job close. Communicating to clients' finance team and ensuring prompt payment of all invoices.
- Monthly update of UK utilization, headcount reports used for management accounts and budgeting.
- Manage the liquidity of the UK office by undertaking appropriate financial planning through cash maintenance and forecasting. Preparing accurate and reliable cash forecasts means that the global finance function has a 6-week cash flow forecast produced bi-weekly and a daily forecast done as necessary.
- Management and control of the UK monthly intercompany process - invoicing other ATK entities. Collate data to support recharges, accruing for intercompany charges and ensuring that all items are processed timely and correctly. management and analysis
- Quarterly VAT returns preparations for submission to HMRC as well as EC sales
- Audit planning and liaising with external auditors
- Updating national statistic forms and correspond with HMRC for residency certificates
The succesful Assistant Accountant Candidate
- Part qualified accountant with one of the major professional bodies.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- High level computer literacy, particularly Excel.
- Bachelor's Degree desirable
- A minimum of two years of accounting experience.
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc)
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Between £25,000-£35,000 depending on experience with a comprehensive benefits package that includes study support