Senior Internal Auditor
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Undertake specific assigned audits in accordance with the department's established risk based methodology and within agreed timescales.
- Make recommendations in respect of weaknesses identified in the systems and controls of the bank.
- Keep the Head of Internal Audit appraised of the progress of audits.
- Critically review existing audit methodology and propose enhancements to increase efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
- Assist in the preparation for Audit Committee meetings.
- Support the Head of Internal Audit in other departmental activities (as directed).
- Ensure technical knowledge and knowledge of best internal audit practice is kept up to date.
Specific skills required will include: -
- High standards of technical knowledge (business areas and internal audit field) - audit experience of AML Controls, Treasury, IT, Credit Process (front to back), trade finance would be preferred;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Fine attention to detail;
- Disciplined approach to audit work and ability to meet tight deadlines;
- IT literacy;
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills;
- Professionally qualified (ICAEW / ACCA / IIA or equivalent);
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Chinese language skills (spoken and written) would be an advantage.