Senior Consultants/Managers - HR M&A Transactions
In the HR Transactions team we focus on advising and supporting clients through the complete deal life-cycle, providing a range of sell-side and buy-side HR/People related services to clients. We contribute to and validate the deal price pre-deal and the support in the realisation of the deal synergies post-deal.
Our services range from complex HR due diligence, day one readiness, post-merger integration and post deal value enhancement such as organisation design, consultation planning and execution and culture change initiatives. We also support clients to plan and implement the HR/People elements for organisational restructuring programmes at both strategic and operational levels. The team works on engagements for UK, European & Global organisations and private equity houses across the deal and restructuring life-cycle.
These engagements are often complex and fast-paced due to the nature of the deal timelines in ensuring adherence to statutory and anti-trust regulations.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support the project in addressing HR Transactions/People related matters through all stages of acquisition, divestiture and merger, including pre-transaction and post deal
- Structure and manage projects of work which meet and exceed client expectations
- Be confident and effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
- Review and perform report writing, project planning, data analysis, and development of presentation material
- Analyse data and present high quality, risk-managed reports/conclusions including client and executive presentations in various formats
- Work with key project leader to manage and maintain client relationship
- Ensure that all client work is delivered consistently, complying with EY's Q&RM guidelines
- Working collaboratively with other service lines in EY, such as Operational Transaction Services (OTS)
To qualify for the role you must have
- Proven HR experience from private, public sector or consulting
- Experience on HR aspects of deals such as the HR Due Diligence and overall M&A activities
- Experience of transactions, ideally in performance of / HR post-deal integration and restructures
- Strong project management
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills and data manipulation and presentation, such as through MS Excel tools
Skills and Attributes for success
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Collaborative, good at building relationships
- Ability to analyse complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions
- Able to manage difficult client relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience of producing high calibre reports, papers, presentations
- Frequently and effectively leverage internal and external knowledge, experience and relationships to identify new opportunities
- Regularly brings ideas and insights to clients that provide value, help address risk
About People Advisory Services (PAS)
Our People Advisory Services practice has over 10,000 practitioners operating within a globally integrated team, bringing their skills, insights and experience to support our clients.
Our team draws on their people, operational and technical skills to deliver a suite of service offerings focused on our client's people agenda across our HR and people capabilities to include Organisation Change Management and Design, HR Processes, HR Transformation, Transaction Support, Policies and Strategy, HR Operating and Delivery Model, Reward, Leadership Development and Employment Law.
Driven by our focused insight and innovation, PAS is best positioned to advise and influence our client's activities at senior leadership level to respond to the scale and complexity of how and where our clients work globally, making us the trusted advisor of choice to our clients and creating more opportunities for our people. As a result, we're continually seeking new markets, new perspectives and better ways to deliver value.
What we look for
We are looking for a professional and experienced individual who can demonstrate an ability to address varied interests of clients and stakeholders. In this role, you will need to be self-aware and flexible in your own approach when dealing with different styles and backgrounds.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply now.