Product Control Lead
2 days left
- Full time
• Responsibility for all daily commodity risk activities associated with the European GEP business including: quality P&L validation and exposure reporting; new and amended deal checks; DOA and rogue trader risk monitoring; and market curve management.
• Provide oversight on all month-end activities including; reconciliation of trading P&L to the financial accounts; analysis of all de-marks and fair value accounting adjustments; commentary on all new and aged accruals; review of all primary carbon project exposures and non-standard transactions.
• Line management responsibilities for a small team of analysts, including on-going performance management, mid and year-end reviews
• Establish strong relationships with commercial and various functions across Europe in IST and the Fuel Value Chain (FVC), as well as maintaining global connectivity with all other GEP commodity risk teams
• Provide insight and analysis of environmental products markets while demonstrating keen awareness of domestic and international commodity markets
Degree level or equivalent
• Understanding of commodity and energy trading
• Derivatives knowledge
• IT skills (Endur/OpenLink, SAP and Excel)
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of the concept of mark-to-market and can articulate market/price volatility in terms of its effect on P&L, cash flow and working capital.
• Can readily calculate exposure based on new, existing or proposed trading positions.
• Attention to detail, ability to work with detailed transactions and accurately control, report and communicate trading activity
• Ability to perform in a deadline orientated environment
• Accounting/Business degree or formally recognised Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) beneficial.
• Able to understand and interpret operational risk data; identifies critical data for businesses and functions; highlights data most relevant to business drivers.
• Able to handle deviations and exceptions and knows when to raise any significant control breakdown
BP is a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are proud of our fairness, equal opportunity and meritocracy which allow our employees to reach their full potential.