Assurance - Forensic & Integrity Services - Director / Associate Director- Financial Crimes...
EY Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our teams, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Forensic & Integrity Services, Climate Change and Sustainability Services and Financial Accounting Advisory Services.
EY Forensic & Integrity Services (FIS) professionals help clients deal with the complex issues of financial crimes including fraud, money laundering and sanctions; forensic accounting, regulatory compliance and business disputes.
As a FIS Director/ Associate Director in Financial Crimes Compliance, you will technically contribute, drive and lead FIS client engagements and internal projects.
As leader of the professional team, you'll draw on industry knowledge in financial crimes including anti-money laundering/ bribery& corruption/ sanctions/ fraud to conduct independent assessments, internal investigations of maturity assessments/ forensic accounting/ data analytics techniques/ tools to tackle financial crime incidents, complex compliance issues, problematic financial transactions and accounting irregularities.
An important part of your role will be actively establishing, maintaining and strengthening internal and external relationships. You will also identify and explore potential business opportunities for EY on existing engagements.
Similarly, you will confirm the quality of services to achieve the high standards; identify and rectify potential quality or risks issue during engagement.
As a senior member and influential leader of the professional team, you will help to create a positive learning culture through coaching and counseling junior team members and helping them to develop their potential.
Your key responsibilities
- Collaborate on planning and leading the engagement, manage the engagement teams, review working papers and communicate significant issues and status updates to engagement collaborators and clients in a timely manner.
- Responsible to lead Financial Crimes projects including Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing, fraud, misconduct, fraudulent financial statement, Anti-Bribery and Corruption
- Conduct financial crime risk assessment and internal control analysis; produce professional reports for clients and/or internal/ external counsel.
- Maintain a high level of working knowledge of financial crimes related trends and emerging technical/ industry development, advise on new and/or revised laws and regulations.
- Build strong internal relationships, work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating collaborators on the engagement progress.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Financial Crime compliance network on a variety of engagements and generate business development opportunities.
Skills and attributes for success
- Self- starter with proactive attitude to work
- Result-oriented with an attention to details
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel
- Full-time undergraduate education degree or above, and obtain the corresponding degree
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills in English and Chinese (Cantonese and Putonghua, both written and spoken), strong analytical skills and report writing proficiency
- Familiar with international financial crime regime and risk management framework
- More than 8 years' working experience
Ideally, you'll also have
- Professional designations for example ACAMS, ACFE and CIA
- Working experience with other Accounting/Consulting firms as a professional, or
- Preferred law enforcement and investigation experience; internal audit or financial crime compliance experience with multinational banking or financial institutions
What we look for
- Smart and ability to think outside the box- every engagement is unique, we create a customized approach in handling financial crimes
- Able to work under pressure, handle a stressful situation and multi-tasking
- Very good people communication in maintaining good relationship with both clients and team members.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our businesses. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes social insurance and housing, additional commerce insurance, a minimum of 10 days of vacation and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, professionals and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we can make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.