Chief Cost Accountant
- Develop, maintain and analyze budgets, including traditional variance analysis
- Budgeting, coordination of standard product costing, physical inventory observations
- Recording, reporting, analyzing and communicating functional activity and results
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and facilitating continuous improvement activities
- Cost center budgeting, controlling and reporting
- Review variances and communicate results
- Perform product inventory and fixed assets reviews
- Responsible for all corporate requests and reporting deadlines
- Ensure compliance with budgetary reporting requirements
- Assists in monthly, quarterly and years ends closing
- Analyzing data collected and recording results to create accurate bills of material.
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided to determine effects on cost
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services
- Communicating with production staff and management to understand and implement process changes in the ERP system.
- Maintaining cost accounting records both within and outside the ERP system.
- Reviews periodic Price Part Variance (PPV), Sales Price Variance (SPV), Material Price Variance (MPV), production scrap, cycle count scrap, and backflush variance
- Acts as resource to management in all areas regarding costing, quoting, forecasting, education in accounting concepts, etc.
- Reviews purchasing plan prices and launches of product costing runs on customer quarters