temporary Financial Accountant
This role is open to both Qualified and QBE Accountants
My client is a Not for Profit organisation based in Newport.
The Financial Accountant will assist the Finance Manager in providing a professional, prompt, efficient and reliable service to departments, colleagues, customers and suppliers.
The role will involve monitoring and supporting the improvement of the financial processes and ensure that the financial systems are accurately updated and delivered through right first time principles.
You wil assist in the development of new finance systems and policies and procedures.
Assist in the liaison between the organisation and the external and internal auditors, producing working papers to a consistently high standard.
- Support the Finance Manager in ensuring that the team works efficiently and effectively and delivers accurate and timely financial information.
Work with Finance management and the wider business, to ensure that all financial transactions are right first time and fit for purpose.
Undertake monthly closure processes for the financial services and accounting functions, ensuring these are completed on time and to a high standard. This will include undertaking balance sheet accounts reconciliations, taking corrective action and providing assurance and key performance information (KPI) to the Finance and Procurement management team.
- Maintain an up to date and relevant knowledge of financial reporting standards and taxation regulations.
Support the preparation of the annual budget and financial plans
Support the production of the monthly financial performance report and appendices.
- Support the production of the annual statutory accounts.
- Ideally a CCAB Professional qualification (ICAEW, CIMA, ACCA etc.). QBE's will be considered with relevant skills
- Significant experience of working within a financial accounting environment.
- Proven experience of producing statutory accounts to financial reporting standards.
- Extensive experience in the use of Microsoft Office 2010 suite of applications (including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and Outlook) and financial modelling.
- Experience of ERP systems and financial reporting tools.
- Proven numeric, analytical and technical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines and changing priorities.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative and also as an active team player
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Analyses data logically and plans work to achieve corporate priorities.
Salary c£36,000 - £40,000
excellent benefits package