Trainee Accounts Assistant
Page Personnel are working with a highly regarded law firm in the Exeter area. Due to recent growth, they are seeking an enthusiastic AAT student or similar to join their busy finance team as a trainee accounts assistant. This is a 6 month contract opportunity with full training on the job and potential for a permanent position.
My client, a leading law brand, are a forward-thinking people investing brand with one of the most modern offices in the Exeter area. They have a 'work hard, play hard' attitude and recognise hard work that deserves recognition.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone without experience who wants to start their career in finance with a reputable brand which has huge career prospects.
- A leading brand.
- Rapidly expanding company.
- Highly regarded amongst it's industry.
The successful accounts clerk will be reporting directly into the Accounts Payable manager and their responsibilities will be made up of the following but not limited to:
The primary focus of the role is to work within the Purchase Ledger function providing the below financial support:
* Setting up new and maintaining current suppliers on the system
* Posting of invoices and mileage expenses
* Running BACS payments and producing cheques
* Answering queries from other departments within the firm
* Day to day running of travel booking system - mainly train fares
My client are currently looking for a highly motivated Accounts Assistant to join their busy Finance Department in Exeter based in our Purchase Ledger team. This is a full time, six month fixed term position.
You will be required to display initiative and meticulous attention to detail, build good working relationships and have excellent communication skills. You will also have excellent organisational and time management skills, be willing to be flexible in line with the requirements of the role, and have the ability to remain calm under pressure. Good IT and numeracy skills are essential and you will be eager to learn new skills. You are not required to have any previous experience and full 'on the job' training will be provided to the right candidate.
- Working towards an accountancy qualification
- If not studying AAT or equivalent then an administrative background looking to break into finance.
- Good IT skills
- able to work well under pressure
- An enthusiastic approach
- Strong initiative
- Be a team-player
- Able to manage high volume workload
Full on-the-job training provided, this is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to break into finance or take their studies into play where they can learn on the job! The salary is £16,000 - £18,000 per annum.
* Life Assurance
* Discretionary bonus scheme
* 23 days annual leave, all bank holidays plus your birthday off and an extra day at Christmas. Your holiday entitlement increases with length of service.
* Holiday Purchase Scheme
* Childcare Voucher Scheme
* Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay
* Free Legal Services to Staff: Including wills and conveyancing
* Medicash: Health care cash plan for employees