Based within the Finance Team, the Finance Assistant (Projects) will support the project team(s) including the maintenance of the financial records, processing payments, raising of invoices and general administrative duties.
My client provide solutions and services to assist our partners to create, manage and deliver value through the intelligent management of infrastructure and related corporate assets.
The key responsibilities for the role of Finance Assistant include:
- Raising of monthly invoices, including performing detailed calculations where necessary.
- Posting sales receipts to ledgers (Exchequer).
- Resolution of sales ledger queries.
- Posting of purchase invoices to ledgers (Exchequer).
- Arranging authorisation of purchase invoices;
- Matching invoices to statements and purchase orders to invoices.
- Reviewing of the utilities invoices and liaising with subcontractors.
- Preparing the monthly payment run, ensuring efficiency and timeliness of the process.
Resolution of purchase ledger queries.
- Posting bank and cash book transactions.
- Monthly reconciliation of bank account balances.
- Monthly reconciliation of other nominal ledger accounts.
- Preparing VAT and CIS returns.
The successful candidate for the role of Finance Assistant must have:
- Solid, recent experience in a similar role (1year)
- Strong Excel Experience
- Strong Academics
- Identification and analysis of basic financial issues
- A level of industry specific experience such as CIS returns and contractor invoices
- Proven ability to adhere to schedules and prioritise work to ensure that deadlines are met
- Proven excellent communication and listening skills, communicating in a concise and effective way, explaining complex issues in writing and verbally
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving abilities
- Demonstrable attention to detail skills and ability to apply a methodology for ensuring high level of accuracy
A competitive salary of £25,000 plus benefits.