Finance Change, Senior Business Analyst,
This role is part of the Finance Change team within Finance Transformation, specifically within the team that manages delivering core data and accounting solutions for Finance which are driven by upstream Business initiatives, regulatory initiatives and strategic Finance programs.
Core responsibilities include;
- Involvement in all stages of change programme lifecycle, from initiation and design to post-implementation.
- Develop comprehensive use cases to be transformed into business solutions
- Configuration of accounting rules on chosen platform
- Writing and review of project documents (business solutions design document, business requirements document, functional specifications document etc).
- Writing of test scripts and perform testing at various stages of testing (unit testing,user acceptance testing, user verification testing)
- Data analysis and reporting using SQL queries
- Define appropriate Business processes and controls as part of the solution
- Provide reporting solutions for various stakeholders (finance, product control, regulatory, tax)
- Liaise with stakeholders and team members across various locations and time zones
- Link between Business teams and technology partners in delivering solution to support Business requirements.
- Skill Set Required:
- Investment banking experience (finance or product control experience preferred)
- Extensive project change/business analysis experience (exposure to both tactical and strategic solutions preferred
- Qualified accountant (CA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Project Management/PRINCE2/Agile qualification is preferred
- Experience in full change programme lifecycle/methodology, from initiation and design to post-implementation
- SQL knowledge: able to write queries for data analysis, interrogation, and reportdesign is essential
- Detailed understanding of banking IT systems, including trade processing workflows, from trade booking to GL entries is essential
- Strong accounting knowledge of DR/CR entries triggered by the various trade events across products classes (commodities, currencies, credit, rates) is essential
- Able to perform gap analysis, identify and escalate issues and risks to the appropriate partie
- Understanding of Local and IFRS GAAP requirements
- Able to work on multiple work streams in parallel, providing support to other team members when required
- Able to work independently and provide/design solutions to areas identified in business requirements
- Able to obtain buy-in for recommended options from stakeholders
- Strong self-starter with minimal need for guidance/supervision