Trainee Accountant - Private Equity
- Maintenance of the accounts payable function including processing purchase invoices and preparing fortnightly payment runs.
- Support the Management Accountant in maintaining the UK Advisor general ledger through journal entries and accounts reconciliation.
- Assist in preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Assist accounting team with monthly reconciliations of UK and offshore entities.
- Support cost reviews, budgeting and forecasting.
- First review of GP call and distribution notices.
- Continually strive to improve processes, systems, controls and reporting.
- Ad-hoc internal and external reporting requests.
- Degree educated with strong academics (As and Bs at A Level, 2.1 or 1st class degree).
- Part qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), first time passes preferred.
- Strong numerical and detail orientated skillset is essential.
- Self-driven, quality and results-orientated with an ability to work well under pressure.
- Reliable, hardworking and ambitious.
- Strong Microsoft office skills - Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/