Senior Consultant, Pensions, Actuarial, Advisory
EY is continuing to grow our Pensions Advisory team and are looking for self-starting, diligent individuals from a leading consultancy or accounting firm who can contribute to our growth plans and who wish to be part of a successful business with a strong, established brand.
We offer our clients expert-led advice wherever pension risk touches their business and our team work within a multi-disciplinary environment across a number of specialist areas, including providing funding and risk management advice for corporates, and advising on buy- and sell-side corporate transactions, assisting asset managers/insurers with remediation exercises, and supporting EY's assurance practice with reviewing the pensions footnote for corporate audits.
We are now looking to grow our non-traditional pensions business and increase our cross-service line working within the firm. In order to achieve this growth, we are looking for individuals with core pensions actuarial knowledge but with an additional desire to widen their skill base and work directly with other non-actuarial EY teams and clients. Individuals must be versatile, enthusiastic, positive and reliable.
Varied and could include:
- Preparation of numerical and written advice, liaising with other EY colleagues and clients
- Carrying out technical pension calculations e.g. valuation of benefits
- Preparation and auditing of accounting disclosures
- Providing support to the senior management team with marketing initiatives
- Working in large cross-service lines, providing pensions expertise
- Building effective relationships within the EY network to help identify additional opportunities
- Helping develop team members through knowledge sharing, feedback and training
- Maintaining our very high professional standards
Skills and attributes for success:
- Proven track record of delivering high quality work in appropriate timescales
- Project management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Actuarial or technical pensions experience
- Good understanding of the UK defined benefit environment, including experience of triennial actuarial valuations, pension risk transfer mechanisms and other regular scheme related calculations
- Understanding of IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP accounting standards and experience of preparing accounting figures
- Experience could include:
- Advising corporate and/or trustee entities related to local funding regulations, asset and liability modelling, and/or pension risk transfer mechanisms
- Advising clients of qualitative and quantitative risks related to defined benefit and defined contribution pension arrangements in the context of mergers, acquisitions and divestures
- Advising asset managers, insurers, and/or administrators with pension scheme remediation related to historical UK pensions legislation
- Advising auditors of the appropriateness of pension scheme assumptions under various accounting standards
Other skills and experience:
- Understanding and knowledge of non-UK pension arrangements
- Experience of working at / together with UK regulatory bodies e.g. the FCA, tPR
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.