Core Business Services - Finance - Senior Financial Analyst
The successful candidate will be actively involved in supporting business leaders, including GC FSO service line leaders and partners. He/she is expected to understand the internal clients' needs and coordinate the service of relevant finance services in a seamless fashion. He/she will collaborate with various finance support structures to provide analytical support, functional professional, reporting approaches, transaction processing, and sharing of top practices.
Your key responsibilities
- Monitor and track financial results against operational and strategic objectives as well as historical performance
- Communicate with business leaders in a concise manner and offer timely insights from a forward-looking perspective with proactive recommendations for improvement
- Synthesize and communicate detailed financial information; highlight any potential risks which might impact service line performance and provide strategic input to support effective decision making
- Coordinate the process for various budget and forecast exercises by translating services projections into meaningful figures, including data processing, modeling and reporting
- Support the weekly management of the inventory, including impact from ERP, A/R provisions and WIP movement
- Support sold backlog, sales/pipeline analysis and highlight risks and opportunities
- Drive change management initiatives for finance related matters
- Supervise and review projects/services and provide technical support, knowledge and counsel to others within the finance discipline
- Execute ad-hoc analysis and data-mining projects as needed by leaders
Skills and attributes for success
- Able to work in a self-sufficient manner, operating across multiple projects and priorities; strong time management and organizational skills to meet tight deadlines
- Confident, detail-minded with sound analytical and problem solving skills; able to demonstrate the ability to challenge assumptions and decisions in an appropriate manner
To qualify for the role you must have
- University degree in Accounting or related disciplines; holders of CPA qualification will be an advantage
- Over five years of relevant working experience, including three years in financial analysis and budgeting with supervisory role preferred
- Experience in financial software packages, including Hyperion Essbase, Business Objects and MS Access
- Excellent command in both English and Chinese (Both Cantonese and Mandarin)
Ideally, you'll also have
- A general understanding of the external services offered by the organization and the overall area/regional markets landscape would be beneficial
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel in preparing financial analysis and reports. Candidates with financial/budget modeling knowledge and experience will be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills in order to drive interactions that build trust and manage expectations with all stakeholders; experience in collaborating with teams across geographic regions
What working at EY offers
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, knowledge and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.