UK AP & AR Manager
An internal promotion has created an exciting opportunity for an experienced UK AP & AR Manager to join their growing international finance function, leading the transactional finance team. This role will be responsible for a team of 10 across AP, AR, Finance administrators and Credit Controllers
One of the UKs leading Financial Services providers in Peterborough. This business has a truly international reach, with operations across the globe. With recently refurbished offices in central Peterborough have limited parking but great public transport links, they are on of the most sort after businesses to work for in the area!
UK AP & AR Manager Responsibilities:
- Full responsibility for an accounts payable and receivable team of seven
- Being the first point of contact for queries with suppliers and internal purchasing departments.
- Supervising, improving and streamlining the transactional finance processes
- Play a key role in transactional finance delivery across the wider business
- Providing excellent service delivery and technical expertise to key stakeholder groups
- Creating work plans, having ownership of KPIs, to define team priorities and coordinates team to ensure completion and inputs into performance evaluations for the team members and manage unresolved queries in the team.
- Providing other ad-hoc reporting to line managers and stakeholders
- Supporting key change initiatives and drive through continuous improvement.
- Driving compliance within a robust control framework and take responsibility for internal/external audit deliverables for AP & AR
- Being a key contributor to the SSC Finance Services Leadership Team to collectively deliver the finance vision.
UK AP & AR Manager Requirements:
- Experience managing a large accounts payable and receivable function essential
- Demonstrate strong skill of managing team within periods of substantial change.
- Large company background
- Have a proven track record, strong understanding and working knowledge of reconciling accounts, particularly supplier accounts and the importance of maintaining strict internal controls ideally within shared services.
- Demonstrable experience of leading migration projects and continuous improvement projects.
- Have proven ability to work as a member of leadership team and influence senior management.
- Have good working knowledge of SAP is desirable and non essential
Highly competitive market salary, and the opportunity to play an integral role within the UK SSC