Group Finance Manager - PE Backed FMCG Firm
This Group Finance Manager position is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team within a PE backed FMCG firm in the West End of London. The business has undergone rapid expansion over the past 18 months and, with the recent cash injection from their private equity partners, they're looking to grow and consolidate their position in the market.
The client, based in the heart of the West End, was established 10 years ago and specialises in food/drink FMCG. After a establishing themselves as a challenger firm in a saturated market, their USP and innovative supply chain strategy has allowed them to consistently take market share and secure contracts with major clients.
After bringing finance in house, their CFO is looking to bring in a technically strong, but commercially aware, Group Finance Manager to oversee day to day finance and to support the business in terms of revenue/profit generation.
The key responsibilities will include the following:
- Own the year end process; produce company year end financial statements and be the main liaison with external auditors.
- Review month end journal entries and adjustments.
- Manage & coach one Management Accountant and two Accounts Assistants.
- Business partner with each budget holder. Discussing variances, trends and re-forecasting where necessary.
- Production of management accounts including detailed commentary on variances.
- Presentation of monthly reports to CFO.
- Own the annual budgeting process.
- Partner with sales teams in contract costing where necessary.
- Partner with supply chain team to reduce cost where possible.
- Support the CFO with long term planning; growth strategy & acquisition activity where necessary.
- Ad hoc reporting/analysis projects commissioned by CFO/PE Investors.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background and will be a fully qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equiv.). On top of this, they'll need the following skillset:
- Technical accounting background (ideally trained with a Big 4 accounting firm).
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience working within industry.
- Group financial accounting experience - comfortable in performing complex, multi-currency consolidations.
- An interest in expanding commercial finance skill set.
- A track record in business partnering with internal & external stakeholders.
- Strong excel skills (should be comfortable with complex formulae & pivot tables).
- A familiarity with the FMCG industry.
- Experience in working through an annual budgeting cycle.
- Exposure to working within a private equity backed environment.
- Ability to produce and manipulate complex valuation and pricing models using VBA coding within excel.
- Technical commercial finance skills e.g. producing contract costing modelling, trend analysis, IRR & RPV valuations.
The package on offer for the successful candidate will include the following*:
- A base salary between £55,000 and £65,000 per annum (dependent upon experience).
- Car / Car Allowance (Equivalent to £5,000 per annum)
- A discretionary bonus of up to 10% (Paid out average of 8% over last three years).
- Life & Health care insurance.
- 25 days holiday (Option to buy/sell 3 days holiday).
*Please note that this is not an exhaustive list but a summary of the main benefits for the position. A full list will be provided upon the presentation of an offer for the role.